Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tweedy Bird



I visited my uncle a couple of months back and found his nice collection of canaries. He went on and on how to take care of them and breed them so I liked the idea. After a day or two of thinking I said ok lets give it a try so I stormed to the pet shop and was stunned by the different species of canaries. They called them Roller, Gloster, Fife and Waters lager. Well I went back to the internet to check out the types that where in the pet shop and said ok lets start with two Rollers male and female. I didn’t even know what the Persian is and found out that there are more types likes Germen and Russian I guess maybe that’s where they came from. Well who cares as long as they can singe breed and look nice I’m happy. Ok so I started with two very big cages and two Persian Rollers male and female. I kept them away for two days and there was no singing at all. My children said that when I go to work in the morning the male rocks the house. I bought the female cage with a nest and put in some thread. After that I said ok its time “I guess” lets put them together. They didn’t like each other at first but after a couple of hours they started kissing so I think it they will be Ok. Now I have an empty bird cage on my hand, well back to the pet shop and this time I want a Gloster. He had shorter legs and a cool hair cut like a rock star singing and jumping around in his cage. He didn’t take so much time to start singing at home. Ok so I guess a male Gloster needs a female. Back again to the pet shop but I couldn’t find a healthy female Gloster. While looking around I found a white color with some black Fife. He starting singing and dancing so I couldn’t hold my self and now I’ve got 3 males and a female. The female Roller started setting up her nest so I guess something is coming I can’t wait. Anyway I do clean their cages every day and change the water every day. I give them some veggies and egg food with the seed mix I got from the pet store. They do love Cuttlefish bone that adds some calcium to there diet. I do recommend if you love birds and have the commitment to take care of them to start breeding canaries. They are very easy to maintain and all the information you need can be found on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tatto media
tatto media